CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Relationship Reflection

I feel that relationships are important in your life because it is good for your health and no one wants to go through their entire lives alone. I have several relationships that are important to me. My relationship with my children is important because I have a mutual bond with them emotionally. My relationship continues to grow daily with my children as they grow, develop, and accomplish new things in life.

Another relationship that is important to me is the relationship with my brothers and sister. This relationship is especially strong because we share so many memories and stories since we were children and will continue to do so for a long time. I know I can rely on the relationships with my siblings because they are so strong and the bonds you develop with them won’t be broken. I am very fortunate to have such strong relationships with my family.

I also have relationships with people that I can call partnerships. My first partnership is with my fiancé. We have committed to a partnership and making decisions for our family together. We have trust, respect, and an understanding of the different roles that we are going to contribute to the relationship. These are all things that are required of a partnership.

With my mom I feel that I have a personal relationship and also a partnership. I have a personal bond with my mother. I can share anything with her. When I was younger she used to do things that got on my nerves, but now that I am older I can see she did what she did because she loved me. I find myself patterning some of the things that I do with my children after things she did.  The relationship I have with my mom is the most important relationship to me. I also have a partnership with my mother as we own a child care center together. We make mutual decisions about the business. This relationship is separate from our personal relationship and we do not let the business come between our personal relationships.

I also have partnerships with my child care families. We work together on caring for their children and providing them with opportunities to grow and be successful. We share responsibility in teaching the child new things and helping them grow emotionally, cognitively, and developmentally.

I couldn’t imagine if I didn’t have the relationships or partnerships I have in my life. I think that if I didn’t have these relationships then my life wouldn’t be as fulfilled as it is. I am grateful for the many types of relationships that I have and the opportunities to strengthen and grow each one. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,

    After reading your post about the various relationships in your life...it seems you are surrounded by positive people. Not only are they supporting you and guiding you, but you are supporting and guiding them. Especially the children and families you care for. Thank you for sharing your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have a number of healthy relationship in your life.I really enjoyed when you mentioned about your child care families.That is what our week's reading is about and you already have a head start on creating that positive relationship with them. When you are surrounded with positive people, they encourage you and make you stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole,

    I really enjoyed reading your post. I know that having a relationship with our parents are both important to us. I also liked how you acknowledge the relationship you have with the people you work with. Again great post.

    Erica Hines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole,
    You have many close relationships in your life. I agree that no one wants to be alone in life. I too have close relationships with my parents and my siblings. Although we may have our differences and arguments, we remain family at the end of the day.
    Arica

    ReplyDelete