CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Supports


Some factors in my daily life that provide support to me are my fiancĂ© who provides emotional support. He is there to listen if I am having a rough day, provides encouragement, and is empathetic. He also provides physical support if I need help completing tasks around the house. Another emotional support I have is my mother. She also is there whenever I need her and always provides reassurance. She also provides physical support because we do family child care together. We are there to work together to complete a common task, which is providing quality child care and support to our day care families. My children also provide emotional support. You always can count on unconditional love from your children. Some other supports that I have are my job which provides my family with financial support. Without this financial support there would be a burden of making ends meet. I think that I would become more stressed because I would feel like I am not contributing equally. Some practical support I have in my life is my daily planner and my cell phone. I think these are practical supports because I can keep in contact with anyone throughout the day and I also know what is going on for the day so I don’t feel overwhelmed. My planner and cell phone help organize my life to make it run a little smoother.

I think that if I lost any of these supports then I wouldn’t feel whole. All the supports in my life complement each other and make us who we are. Life would be tougher if you didn’t receive emotional support from family and friends. Physical supports make life easier, but aren’t always necessary. We sometimes take for granted how good we have it. Monetary support is essential to be able to live life comfortably. I am very fortunate to have such a good job and not have to worry about where my money is going to come from to pay rent and utility bills.

The challenge that I imagined myself having was being paralyzed. If I were to become paralyzed I would require many supports both emotionally and physically. Having a disability such as being paralyzed would cause me to have to change things like being able to drive to work or transport the kids to their activities, being able to get up and down off the floor with the children at the daycare. Things that I do naturally everyday would change and I would need a lot of emotional support from my family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, I can’t live without my cell phone and planner too. I feel lost when I can’t find by cell because It a life line to my world. It’s amazing how I’m so connected to this device and can turn my world upside down if it’s gone.

    Thanks
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nicole,

    Our support system is very similar. OUr significant others play an important role. I know that I have to have my husband around to listen to me when I need to talk. He is in the army so being around more often is a blessing.

    I failed to mention my cell phone. You are absolutely right. My cell phone has become right hand man. I depend on my cell phone for a number of thing as you do.

    The support that you imagined was an eye opener for me. Things can happen within the blink of an eye. We better be thankful for the things that we have.

    You have an interesting support system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole

    I am glad to hear that you have so much love and support within your daily life. I will be extremely happy whne my family can overcome these obstacles and get back to our regular dynamics. It is extremely hard for me to get through my day because I so far away from my family now.

    ReplyDelete